Ukraine Relief Efforts
Feb. 26, 2022
HYGIENE KITS FOR UKRAINE
Compass is partnering with Convoy of Hope to provide Hygiene Packs for the people of Ukraine. This week, collect the items below to create a pack and bring them back to your campus during weekend services on April 21/24.
- 1 - Toothbrush
- 1 - Toothpaste (regular size)
- 1 - Comb
- 1 - Hand Towel
- 1 - Stick Deodorant (regular size)
- 1 - 3 oz. Shampoo (travel size)
- 1 - Bar of Soap (regular size)
- All items must be new.
- Toothbrushes must be in original individual packaging.
- No powders or aerosols.
- Do not include money or personal notes.
Many people have asked Pastor Drew or the church to give some guidance about how we can help the situation in Ukraine right now. As we watch the difficult images that we see on the news, it's challenging to know what the right thing to do might be. Our outreach pastors, CM Habermehl and Phillip Kemp are hard at work, staying in contact with our partners who are there on the ground and with our partners who help with caring for refugees, giving humanitarian aid, and mobilizing disaster relief. Because of these partnerships, the church is making a way forward for people who feel a calling to help. And if you feel a calling to get involved, here are three things you can do right away.
- Pray. Now, that might seem like a dodge to some people, but this theme of praying for peace, praying for leaders, and asking God to intervene is repeated several times in the Bible. Here are a few specifics you can pray about. Pray that political leaders around the world would have the wisdom and the courage to act wisely. Pray that the people in Russia that are opposed to the war would have a voice and be heard. Pray for the hurting, the fearful, and the wounded in Ukraine. Pray that God would step into this and make a way forward. And, of course, you would also have your own prayer requests.
- Reach out directly to the connections you probably have in that area. Many of you have said that you do. Reach out to those people. Ask for their prayer requests. Take those to your friends. Your community group, or your rooted group, or whoever, and pray together. Let the people who are there know that you are thinking of them and praying for them.
- Give. The Outreach Team has developed several ways to give to trusted partners of ours, who we know will get good help to people in need. We have worked with these organizations for a long time, and we trust them implicitly. You can also give to some larger Christian organizations with the highest reputations for integrity and who deliver help in times of need: Samaritan's Purse, World Relief, and Children's Hunger Fund are the first three we recommend. Links are included for them below as well.
Lastly, if you want to give directly to Compass, you can do that, and we'll find wise, capable people to receive that money. We've already sent a preliminary gift to one of our partners so they can make sure and get some Christian workers out of the war zone. And if this is how you want to help, please just let the Outreach team know about your donation. The church of Jesus has always had people who get involved where the hurt is, and Compass has always been a place that tries wisely to be involved in the difficult places. This is part of who we are, and we will continue to do so as we go forward.
Stay tuned for more information as we keep our eyes focused on how we can help even more. We're so thankful to be a church that steps up in hard times, and that's because of you.
Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for your good hearts. We love you.